SAQA US ID
UNIT STANDARD TITLE
Define the core concepts of the wholesale and retail environment
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
This unit standard is intended for new entrants into the wholesale and retail sector. Persons credited with this unit standard will be able to describe the different market segments, customer profiles and buying habits applicable to the industry. They will also be able to identify the target market of the organisation, in which they work. These persons will also be able to identify the different functional departments in an outlet and their main functions in respect of the flow of stock/cash through the business. They will also be able to explain the environment in which business operates in respect to applicable legislation and shrinkage and losses.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Segment the wholesale and retail sector.
- Identify the store’s target market.
- Explain the flow of stock and sales through a wholesale/retail operation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the wholesale & retail business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of shrinkage and losses within a Wholesale.
This course costs is R.00 and can be paid directly via PayFast.
W&R SETA Accredited