SHE1 – SHE in the workplace
This particular skills programme is developed to provide you with the following health and safety skills:
- Understanding occupational hygiene.
- Explain basic health and safety principles.
- Health and safety.
- Verify compliance to HSE.
- Control workplace hazards and risks.
Who is this course intended for?
This course is intended for to learners looking to equip themselves for working in any type of workplace with a broad understanding and knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) concepts and practices with sufficient detail to enable them to function in a safe and healthy way and to deal with health and safety problems and issues. This course provides learners with opportunities for professional development and career advancement within the broader constituencies of the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) community that will contribute to providing better and safer workplace for all people in the Republic of South Africa. It will assist those health and safety professionals who play an increasingly complex and crucial role in ensuring the health and safety of employees have a well-grounded and comprehensive understanding of the key issues that are essential to meet these high demands.
What are the benefits of this course?
Qualifying learners will be able to show responsibility, and independently and effectively manage themselves in the workplace regarding generic health and safety issues. Learners will be able to identify and evaluate occupational safety, health and environmental factors, in occupational environments, which may have a detrimental effect on health and safety of people in such environments. Learners credited with these SHE courses are able to perform essential measurements and functions that promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace. A learner who completes this course will be able to:
- Use verbal and written practices to communicate in the workplace and apply mathematical processes to solve everyday numerical problems.
- Explain the requirements of current legislation impacting on Health, Safety and environmental issues in the workplace.
- Recognise, assess and report health and safety hazards and situations in the workplace.
- Administer various health and safety functions, planning, policy and behaviours in the workplace.
Furthermore this course will allow you to carry over credits internally with Vital College toward the Occupational Health, Safety and Environment Qualification NQF 2 and It will also contribute to the further development of learners within this environment by providing articulation, recognition and mobility within this dynamic and changing environment.
This course costs and can be paid directly via PayFast.
HW SETA Accredited